As it is summer, I am sharing the best cakes for a cooling sensation as it is a no bake cake.
It is basically the same type of cake as the Raspberry Quark cake but instead cream is used. It needs to be the type of cream which is used for making whipped cream (needs to be in the liquid shape and doesn’t have much taste).
Quark cakes are fresh and light as they are the mousse version of the fruit pies. For this cake, you can decide to have a crispy cookies bottom (see Raspberry Qwark cake), or cake bottom (genoise recipe). You can as well decide to not use any bottom to make it suitable for people on a diet.
This cake is for 8 people’s serving.
Mousse + strawberry coulis
– 500g strawberry + 2 strawberries for decoration
– 1 lemon
– 200 g de sugar
– 6 leaves of gelatine ou 4g of agar agar
– 400ml of liquid cream
- Wash and cut the strawberries. Add the sugar, the lemon juice and mix in a blender. ( if you don’t have a blender, make sure that you mash all the strawberries well and then mix with the sugar and lemon juice
- Soften the gelatine leaves in cold water for a few minutes (around 2 minutes) OR put the agar directly in the cold strawberry mixture
(if gelatine is used, please give them a good wring. Bring the mixture of strawberry to a boil, add the gelatine while whisking well the mixture and let cool)
- Pour ¼ of the mixture in a pot for topping and put it aside
- Take the liquid cream and add it to the mixture of ¾ strawberry mixture remaining
- Put in the serving cake pan, the bottom chosen (genoise/cookies/nothing) and add on top the creamy strawberry mixture
- let it set at least 30 minutes in the fridge and then add the coulis mixture saved. (optional : add the remaining strawberries for decoration)
- let the whole cake set for at least 2 hours in the fridge or let it set during the whole night in the fridge.
If you have any suggestions about what I should make next…Please leave a comment below 🙂