This Yogurt cake recipe was modified from my grand dad’s original yogurt cake recipe. This cake is my favourite to make when there are no weighing scale or when I need to save the day with a super easy and delicious cake.
It has a rather strong taste in yogurt and olive oil, if you don’t like that look at my genoise recipe.
For 4 people serving,
cooking time: 30 minutes.
– 1 cup of yogurt or the 25g individual pot
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup/pot of sugar
– 3 cups of flour
– 1/3 cup of olive oil
– 1 pinch of salt
– 1 pack of baking powder
– 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
Optional: 1 lemon zest, rhum
- First turn on your oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix in a large bowl the yogurt and sugar.
- Incorporate the eggs and then add the flour. Mix it all well to get an homogeneous dough.
- Add the baking powder, olive oil, salt, Rhum and lemon zest without stopping with mixing.
- Bake it in the oven for 30 minutes.
I like my yogurt cake with a chocolate cream on top as you can see on the picture.
If you have any suggestions about what I should make next…Please leave a comment below