Most coffee shops are now selling coffee induced with pumpkins and cinnamon. What better to represent Autumn than pumpkins?
I wanted to try making those Pumpkin Spice cakes however most recipes use canned pumpkin but I prefer making it all from scratch. I used the recipe from allorecipes Pumpkin cake iii but i modified it to suit my tastes. You can find here the recipe for making pumpkin puree.
Instead of making it in the usual shape (round or square), I used a cannelé mold (a Bordeaux speciality). The result? A wonderfully moist and fluffy with some crunch individual cakes to enjoy with a cup of warm coffee or tea.
- 1 small Pumpkin puree
- 40g of white sugar
- 50g of light brown sugar (Basterdsuiker)
- 140g of flour
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 15 walnuts
- 90 ml vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder ( 1/2 of a bag)
- 1 table spoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- Optional : Cannelé molds
- Preheat oven to 185 degrees Celsius.
- In a large bowl combine sugar and oil. Blend in vanilla and pumpkin puree, then beat in eggs one at a time. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in nuts.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Add the milk
- Spread batter into the molds.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool.
Enjoy it with some warm coffee or Rooibos tea.
If you have suggestions on what to do next, don’t hesitate to leave me a comment 🙂