Some delicious Chestnut muffins with a light flavour of yogurt. It can be turned into a vegan recipe if the eggs are replaced by 1 mashed banana and the yogurt by soya yogurt.
- 2 eggs,
- 100g of flour
- 150g of almond flour
- 4-5 chestnut
- 4 tablespoons of yogurt
- 1 pack of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon of almond extract
- 90g sugar
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the eggs with the sugar, yogurt,vanilla extract, almond extract and olive oil.
- Sift the almond powder, flour and baking powder. Add it to the mixture. DON’T OVERMIX! The mixture should be runny like a crepe mixture.
- Add it to the muffin pans with lining ( or cake pan).
- Crack the nuts and add them on top of the dough.
- Put the cake or muffins in the oven for 15 minutes ( check the colour regularly – they should be cooked when golden brown. If you are not sure, stick a toothpick or a knife in the cake. If it goes out clear, the cake is cooked otherwise let it cook more in the oven).
- Let them cool down and enjoy!