Alwine added as a comment of my Almond yogurt chestnut muffin recipe, her gluten-free version of it. I thought you guys would like to have it as another post to make it easier to find it! I as well added a new menu section called Gluten-Free Baking treasures!
If you guys have made a modification of one of my recipes, i would gladly add it! Here is her version of the recipe:
- 75g of rice flour
- 25 of any starch (tapioca)
- 150g of almond flour
- 1 pack of baking powder
- 70g of brown sugar
- 125g of yogurt
- 50-100ml of almond milk (for consistency*)
- 2 eggs,
- 6-7 chestnuts
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon of almond extract
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
* gluten-free mix should be more liquid than with gluten one to have a good texture
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the eggs with the sugar, yogurt,vanilla extract, almond extract and olive oil.
- Measure and mix the rice flour with the starch.
- Sift the almond powder, rice/starch flour and baking powder. Add it to the mixture. DON’T OVERMIX! The mixture should be runny like a crepe mixture.
- Add it to the muffin pans with lining ( or cake pan).
- Crack the nuts and add them on top of the dough.
- Put the cake or muffins in the oven for 15 minutes ( check the colour regularly – they should be cooked when golden brown. If you are not sure, stick a toothpick or a knife in the cake. If it goes out clear, the cake is cooked otherwise let it cook more in the oven).
- Let them cool down and enjoy!