Here is my superfast Bechamel sauce recipe…I love this sauce so much that I tend to use it all the time! It can be used with everything however this sauce is a must in lasagna (check out my lasagna recipe), in gratins or in mushroom puff pastry.
- 250 ml of creme fraiche
- 20ml of milk
- 100g Butter
- 2-3 tablespoons of maizena
- Salt and pepper
Optional: 1/3 lemon (for the juice) and nutmeg (nutmeg will make it taste better)
1. Put all the cream and the milk in the pan. And put it on the stove to warm up
2. Add the butter and keep stiring to avoid burning.
3. When the butter is melted, add the flour and the cheese ( I put 2 handful but you can add more)
4. Stir until the mixture is thicker like pudding but liquid enough for it to drip down.
5. Take it off the heat. Add the lemon juice (same as salt. It is to increase the flavour of the food)
6. DO NOT FORGET TO ADD THE SALT AND THE PEPPER. It’s Important!
If you have add nutmeg. It changes the taste of the sauce taking it from good -> AWESOME!