Here is Alwine’s Gluten-Free version of my Devil’s Food cake recipe. All credits are given to Alwine 🙂 Thanks for sharing your recipe!
For 6 people serving: (double the ingredients amount if a bigger cake is wanted)
– 80gr of rice flour
– 25gr of buckwheat flour/chestnut flour
– 45gr of potato starch
– 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 g) of salt
– 1/2 pack (5g) of baking powder for cakes
– 75g unsweetened cocoa powder
– 125-150 g sugar
– 30 ml hot coffee diluted in 90 ml of hot water*
– 110 ml olive oil
– 150 ml of milk**
– 2 eggs
– 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) of vanilla extract
* 120 ml of hot coffee can be used for a stronger coffee taste. Coffee is used as a chocolate taste enhancer.
**Buttermilk can be used but sugar amount should be decreased by at least 50g. For a lactose free solution, use any milk substitute or hot water.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius.
2. In a large bowl whisk together dry ingredients.
3. Add the diluted coffee, oil and milk and mix until combined.
4. Add eggs and vanilla and mix for another 2 minutes.
5. Pour batter into a greased and floured 25 cm round baking pan.
6. Bake for 30 minutes
7. Let cool in pans until warm and then remove from pan and allow to cool completely on a cooling rack.
8. While the cake is cooling prepare the chocolate buttercream (see buttercream recipe) or if you are lazy, melt 100g of chocolate and pour it on top of the chocolate.
9. Add the buttercream on top of the cake using a spatula or a flat knife.
10. Decorate the cake and serve.
If you have suggestions on what to do next, don’t hesitate to leave me a comment 🙂