This tomato sauce is for me suitable for all dishes: pasta, gnocchi, veggies stir-fry, with rice or for lasagna (check out my gluten-free lasagna recipe). All the possibilities are endless…
- 2 cans of pelled Tomatoes
- 4 gloves of Garlic
- olive oil
- salt and peper
- Cut thinely the Garlic gloves or press it into a garlic press
- Pour some olive oil in a saucepan on high heat and stirfry the garlic until light brown
- Lower the heat and add the tomatoes in the sauce pan and keep stiring.
- Once the tomatoes mixture starts bowling. Turn the heat off and add the herbs and the salt/peper to taste.
- With a soup mixer, mix the mixture until no lumps are visible.
Tip: As this recipe makes a lot of tomato sauce, you store them in clean glass jars. To do so: pour the hot mixture in clean glass jars, close it with the metal lid and let it cool down upside down. The hot mixture will create a natural sceal that will keep your tomato sauce from going bad for a few months. However once you open the jar, you will have to store it in the fridge and eat the sauce within the week to avoid it going bad.
If you have suggestions on what to do next, don’t hesitate to leave me a comment 🙂