Uitsmijker is my dads favorite choice when going to eat lunch in restaurants in the Netherlands. An uitsmijker is a basically a slightly warm sandwich that has bread, cheese, ham and eggs.
For the people who wants to eat something quickely but tasty and slightly warm: this is a recipe for you.
You can make with whatever is lying in your fridge.
– 2 slices of bread
– 2 Eggs
– 8 Cherry tomatoes
– 2 thin slices of cheese
– 2 slices of ham
– Half avocado
– two small lettuce leaves
- Place the two slices of bread on a plate side by side
- Cut your tomatoes in halves, cut your avocado into slices.
- Melt your cheese in the microwave (30seconds) or in a pan
- Distribute evenly the cheese, ham, tomatoes, lettuce and avocado on the slices of bread
- Cook your eggs, sunny side up in a plan (i like mine to be runny)
- Place the eggs on top of the rest.
If you have suggestions on what to do next, don’t hesitate to leave me a comment 🙂