This recipe is coming straight from my grand dads recipe book. This is a recipe that represents my childhood. It has a bottom layer of Crispy puff pastry dough, parisian Gnocchi covered in bechamel sauce.
It is deliciously heavy but super tasty!
It does require a baking piping bag with a star tip.
– Béchamel sauce
– Puff pastry
For the Gnocchi dough (choux dough)
– 100g of butter
– 250ml of water
– 150g of flour
– Salt and pepper
Heat up the oven at 180 degrees celcius.
– Make the Gnocchi dough
1. Put water and butter in a pan until it bowls.
2. Turn the heat off and mix the dough fast while pouring the flour. It should have the texture of a liquid bread dough. Add seasoning to taste.
3. In a big pan bowl salted water. In the meanwhile, put the dough into a piping bag with a star tip. With one hand, squeeze 1 cm long dough tube into the water and cut them with the backside of a knife.
4. Let it cook for less than 10 seconds and take them out of the water with a skimmer. Place them in a Big bowl on the side.
5. In a big pan, heat up all the cooked Gnocchi dough with the bechamel sauce until well combined and warm.
6. Place the puff pastry in a small pie molds and pierce the dough with a fork( this is to avoid the puff pastry puffing up while cooking). Place it in the oven for 5 minutes.
7. Take the puff pastry out of the oven and add the Gnocchi mixture on it. Add some grated cheese and put it back into the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
8. ENJOY the food!!