This creme is a very important to know in french cakes. It is a pudding like crème used as fillings in recipe like éclair au chocolat, fraisier (see my recipe here), flan, etc.
– 1L of milk (any types of milk works)
– 100g of flour/maizena for without gluten
– 125g of sugar
– 4 eggs
– Vanilla extract or real vanilla seeds
1. Mix the eggs with the sugar until the mixture whitened.
2. Add the flour, the vanilla and add 4 tablespoons of milk to the mixture to make it more liquid.
3. Place the milk in a pan and put it on medium heat. Dont stop stiring the milk with a whisk during the heat process! The reason is because the milk might overflow or burn either of these possibilities will alter the taste of your creme !
4. Add the Egg mixture and mix it well in the milk. Mix until it become thick like pudding. Turn the heat off and let it cool down.
5. You can always add cacao to taste if you want it to be of chocolate taste. Otherwise it can be enjoyed with anything or added to other cakes.